We believe that increased awareness will ultimately bring increased usage, and for that reason small businesses should include Twitter in their social media marketing plans. Twitter can be a useful for building your brand, as a public relations tool and in driving sales with special promotions. Consider these tips:
- Provide cool and useful feeds
- Tweet your blog posts with a link (can be done automatically)
- Twitter can have SEO benefits so remember keywords
- Use it for focus groups and surveys
- Talk about what your company does - how it solves problems
- Use it for special offers - "follow us by five o'clock and win a gift certificate"
- Great content helps attract followers
- Use monitoring for keywords to find potential followers
Twitter is based on short micro-blog content with a maximum of 140 characters. With this in mind get to the point and remember you have to give to get, so put a lot of attention on special offers and useful content.
If you have a great Twitter promotion that you would like to share, please post it in the comments below.If you would like help with your social media marketing plans contact Thrust today.